LEAPS is a successful and unique widening participation programme, funded by its higher education institution and local council partners to increase progression to higher education in South East Scotland. We aim to encourage and advise students who are traditionally under-represented in higher education and we currently work with 59 schools throughout South East Scotland, supporting pupils who match LEAPS eligibility criteria. LEAPS is also supported by Skills Development Scotland and delivers the Scottish Funding Council's Schools for Higher Education Programme (SHEP) in South East Scotland. LEAPS is hosted by the University of Edinburgh.
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
Please note that the information you provide, and how we use it, will depend on your level of engagement with us but it may be used by LEAPS:
- To administer your involvement in the LEAPS programme (including our events).
- To provide you with personalised information, advice and guidance regarding your current, Further and Higher Education.
- To inform you of information, activities and events that may support your interest in and transition to Further and Higher Education.
- To inform Further and Higher Education Institutions in the UK and abroad of your engagement in the LEAPS programme.
- To undertake research, analysis and reporting to support the ongoing evaluation and development of the LEAPS programme.
LEAPS uses external companies to process information about you in order to facilitate communications. We use Dotmailer and TextAnywhere to do this. You can unsubscribe from Dotmailer emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the foot of the email campaign. You can unsubscribe from TextAnywhere messages by texting the word STOP back by return.
- We are using information about you because it is in your, and our, legitimate interest for us to do so. By processing your information, LEAPS can liaise with you directly to administer your involvement in the LEAPS programme (including our events) and to support your interest in and transition to Further and Higher Education.
Information about you may be shared with:
- Your school.
- Further and Higher Education Institutions in the UK and abroad.
- Organisations involved in co-delivering LEAPS events. (These organisations will be outlined when you register for LEAPS events, or as soon as possible thereafter).
- Skills Development Scotland.
We will hold the personal data you provided us for up to 3 years. After this time all identifiable personal data will be deleted and the remaining data will be held in an anonymised format.
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes.
This privacy statement is continued at:
Continued privacy notice